Reasons Your Church Needs A Website
In this current age, leveraging the usefulness of technology by creating websites for our churches plays a big role in ministry and easing the burden of pastors in spreading the gospel. A church with a properly designed website has an upper hand over a church of similar setup that has no website or social media page. The internet opens a whole new set of mission ground in which the church can reach thousands or even millions of people.
- Sharing sermons, podcasts and testimonials: a website acts as a platform in which the church can reach to its congregation plus other visitors whether Christians or not. At any given time one can refer to previous sermons at the comfort of his/her smartphone at home, school, work place or anywhere convenient. Anyone googling might stumble upon a scripture that inspires and consequently they may grow spiritually.
- Growing congregation through subscribers: The gospel is actually meant to be preached to all corners of the earth. Though it may not be possible to travel across the globe ministering, having an active website with a subscription form will eventually give you a mailing list with whom you can share the word and pray for.
- Pointer for potential visitors within the neighborhood: when a person is new to the neighborhood, it is likely that they will search online for the nearest place of worship. You can tap into this by outlining your order of services, giving directions to your church within the website. Having a website actually creates a good impression and shows to some extent how serious the Church is.
- Engaging the community: a website is actually one of the best places to showcase how your Church is involved in service to the community. Within your calendar of events you could set a date for activities such as: visiting an orphanage, environment conservation campaigns through tree planting or collecting waste e.t.c
- Online store & digital Contribution/donations platform: with time having a huge traffic may call for advancing to creating an online platform to sell digital products from your church such as music, you may even need to get donations from well wishers to further support your ministry. When your audience witness how the website is being used to touch lives, i believe they will be more than willing to offer a hand of support for the course.
The whole process of coming up with a church website needs adequate planning. A developer who understands the framework of how the church works is needed. Additionally, content creators must be known before hand, remember "content is key" when it comes to websites. The website needs to be dynamic, static website will hardly help engage or gain you traffic; the site should be scalable on demand, cms (wordpress) or flexible frameworks such as laravel makes this possible. For further guidance, you can get in touch with us for a free consultation firstname.lastname@example.org